Congressional Luncheon Seminar Series
A major component of the Institute for e-Health Policy's programs is leadership of the 20-year-old Capitol Hill Steering Committee on Telehealth and Healthcare Informatics. Since 1993, the Steering Committee has convened more than 170 widely attended educational sessions and healthcare information technology demonstrations for members of Congress, congressional staff, key federal agency officials, industry professionals and the general public.
Topics in 2013 are expected to include:
- Health Information Technology 101: An Overview of PHRs, EMRs, eRx, HIEs, Home Monitoring, Telehealth, and More – for new and returning Congressional staff
- mHealth Policy Discussion and Recommendations
- Engaging Underserved Communities using HIT Tools: Bringing Quality Care to Rural, Underserved, Minority and Disparate Populations
- Moving Toward Health Information Exchange: Portable, Interoperable, and Secure Solutions to Get the Data Where and When it is Needed
- Meaningful Consumer Engagement: The Personal Health Record; Collaborative Care; and Care Coordination in an e-Enabled Healthcare Environment
- Electronic Using HIT to Facilitate ACOs, Medical Homes, Shared Savings Programs, and Value-Based Purchasing
- Capitol Hill Health Information Technology Showcase and Demonstration (September 19, 2013)
Videos and presentations from many previous sessions are available at the links above.
Honorary Steering Committee Co-chairs are: U.S. Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), Mike Crapo (R-ID), Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), John Thune (R-SD), Tom Udall (D-NM), and Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), along with U.S. Representatives Diane Black (R-TN) Michael Burgess (R-TX) , Eric Cantor (R-VA), Phil Gingrey (R-GA), Mike Honda (D-CA), Tim Murphy (R-PA), Eric Paulsen (R-MN),Tom Price (R-GA), and Allyson Y. Schwartz (D-PA).
The Steering Committee is supported by more than 40 major organizations in the healthcare and health information technology (IT) communities, including associations, government agencies, universities and corporations.
For more information, please contact Neal Neuberger, CISSP, Executive Director, at 703-508-8182 or email@example.com.
The Congressional Luncheon Seminar Series is a project managed by the Institute for e-Health Policy, a subsidiary of the HIMSS Foundation, a not-for-profit corporation organized and operated exclusively for charitable, scientific or educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. The goal of the Institute is to promote education and research within the Washington, D.C., area for key decision-makers and other stakeholders.